Get into wind with STL USA's WindStart program
*Funding options coming soon
State-of-the-art training facilities
The perfect entry point to the wind industry
STL USA specializes in teaching new and experienced wind technicians across a variety of disciplines and accreditations. This includes a complete range of GWO accreditations (the industry standard), NFPA 70E electrical safety training and a full spectrum of introductory and intermediate technical courses across all aspects of the common platforms (GE, Siemens, Vestas etc)
Our state-of-the-art facilities located across 2 sites in Abilene Texas enable us to deliver high-quality training, using equipment technicians have in the field, delivered by highly experienced and respected instructors.
Why Windstart and the wind industry?
The wind sector is growing quickly across the USA as the nation looks to diversify its energy sources. Initiatives like the Inflation Reduction Act are providing significant funding for wind projects and all this against a backdrop of an industry crying out for new workers. WindStart puts employees in pole position to be hired onto high paying jobs.
- Wind salaries are way above national averages
- Renewable energy will need 500,000 plus new workers by 2030
- Projects continue to launch at pace, the industry is desperate for new talent
- WindStart provides all the standard accreditations wind tech’s need to get straight to work
wind technician technical training in texas
3 week accreditation course
- GWO – Basic Safety, Basic Technical, plus elective (Advanced Rescue or BTT Installation, or Control of Hazardous Energy)
- NFPA 70E Low and High Voltage
- Free access to WindTech.careers job portal
4 week accreditation + technical course
- All of the above, plus
- 5 day technical introduction to wind turbines (Uptower, Down tower, Gearbox, Motor Controls and more)
“The technicians all agree that the trainers were well informed and very willing to stop to answer questions throughout the day. We are very excited to have found a great resource with a facility in Iowa. We look forward to working with you again soon and to visit or train at your facility. Please tell the trainers ‘Great Job!'”
– Siemens Gamesa