The GWO First Aid course covers the key aspects of first aid in a rescue or injury scenario. The First aid course teaches trainees how to manage a first aid situation and apply first aid in the correct manner.
The GWO First Aid course forms a core component of GWO Basic Safety Training. Alongside Fire Awareness, Manual Handling and Working at Height most technicians choose to take the four core onshore modules in one chunk. The course comprises two days of GWO First Aid, two days of GWO Working at Height and then a half day each for Fire Awareness and Manual Handling.
Alongside the Working at Height First Aid is a vital component of the GWO Basic Safety Training course.
Once completed technicians will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to ERC and AHA guidelines.
- to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body.
- the correct order of management in an emergency in a WTG environment.
- correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary Survey A–B–C
- correct use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- correct use of Ordinary First Aid, the Secondary survey
- correct use of First Aid equipment in a First Aid scenario
Safety Technology USA emphasise the GWO First Aid element as a vital tool for technicians who encounter a rescue, injury or first aid scenario. We don’t underestimate the dangers that technicians face and as with all GWO memeber organisations and training providers safety is the beginning, middle and end of everything we do.
If you’d like to find out more about the GWO First Aid course as part of the wider GWO Basic Safety Training please get in touch via the link at the bottom of this blog.
Whilst most techs take first aid as part of the full course it can also be delivered as a stand alone module over 2 days for new trainees and 1 day for refreshers. STL USA are fully accredited to deliver GWO courses onsite as well as from our facilities in Texas and Iowa.
Get in touch with us now to discuss your requirements and book a course.
[dt_default_button link=”https://safetytechnologyusa.com/contact/” button_alignment=”left” animation=”fadeIn” size=”big” default_btn_bg_color=”” bg_hover_color=”” text_color=”” text_hover_color=”” icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”left”]Get in Touch[/dt_default_button]