Would you like to join the STL USA team?
We have three opportunities to join the STL USA team. We’re currently recruiting for two trainers and a back office role at STL USA as we continue to grow across the country.
About STL USA
STL USA has been operating in the USA since 2015, with two main training facilities located in Texas and Iowa. Part of the Safety Technology group of companies headquartered in the UK and with operations across Europe, STL USA extends the knowledge and experience built up over 20 years in wind energy delivering training and safety solutions for the largest global companies. STL USA is exclusively focussed on delivering GWO training across a range of standards to technicians working across the country. Thousands of techs have passed through STL USA training courses and the company ambition is to to grow rapidly in the coming years in line with the huge growth the wind sector is experiencing in the USA.
Job description: GWO Training Instructor x2
Location: Texas, flexible
Subject to an initial training period of 2-3 months depending on competency and experience. The training instructor will be expected to deliver company training programmes within the specified training procedures and accredited standards, for GWO. This includes a number of theory, discussion and practical elements across the modules; fire awareness, first aid, manual handling and working at height. The nature of GWO training is very practical and the instructor is therefore required to be able to demonstrate a number of course elements in a simulated wind turbine environment, therefore requiring a level of climbing competency and fitness.
The key tasks include:
- Carry out company and Accredited training programmes and provision of training procedures as required.
- Complete training documentation and records as required
- Develop and improve training equipment and facilities as appropriate in line with the Technical Director.
- Maintain training facilities and training equipment
- Carry out product inspections, maintenance and re-certification of products.
- Assist with the organisation and participation in exhibitions when required
- Liaise with partner companies, specialist suppliers and organisations as required.
- Implement effective health and safety including, writing, updating and following risk assessments, safe systems of work and company procedures.
- Act as Fire Marshalls and First Aiders, and implement the company Health and Safety practices at all times.
- Provide effective support and communication to customers and other team members especially internal sales administration, sales and directors.
- Maintain company systems and procedures including enquiries, quotations and quality and training procedures. Auditing and review of customer feedback.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the company such as site inspections, onsite training, overseas training and audits.
The role would suit somebody already working in wind energy, ideally in a supervisory role, safety role or with suitable turbine experience. GWO certifications are an advantage but anyone with a teaching/training background and the relevant working at height experience would be considered. It goes without saying the person must be comfortable working at height.
Salary and benefits: To be discussed (in line with market rates)
Job description: Office Administrator
Location: Texas, flexible
Responsible for the booking, administration and logistics of all training courses. Working with the Lead Trainer and VP USA and other members in the wider group company the Office Administrator is responsible for maintaining administrative policies and procedures, customert service and some basic finance duties.
The key tasks include:
- Follow the 3 pillars or responsibility for training Admin, Facility Booking/Trainer Booking/Customer Scheduling and Admin
- Upkeep of the USA training calendars
- Organising trainer allocation
- Ensuring all accredited practices are adhered to in terms of training admin and customer support following course booking, in relation to joining instructions, medical or dietary requirements (following medical guidelines for Doctor sign off if any specific boxes are ticked) and certification on completion of the courses
- Data entry and continual communication with Training Manager/Sales Manager/Technical Director on courses and staffing
- Liaise with the Inspection Manager on scheduling of trainer training courses from the skills matrix
- Assist in audits internal/external bodies.
- Raising customer invoices via Quickbooks
- Booking and admin of lunches for training candidates and trainers
- Booking of trainer accommodation and travel to onsite training
- Archive all information necessary for annual auditing process
- Audit training folders to ensure all documents for courses are completed, in particular onsite
- Carry out other duties as requested by the company
The role would suit somebody in an existing administrative position, comfortable multi-tasking with a keen attention to detail.
Salary and benefits: To be discussed (inline with market rate)
If you’re interested in joining us please contact us via the link below or email us at email@example.com
[dt_default_button link=”https://safetytechnologyusa.com/contact/” button_alignment=”left” animation=”fadeIn” size=”big” default_btn_bg_color=”” bg_hover_color=”” text_color=”” text_hover_color=”” icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”left”]Get in Touch[/dt_default_button]